The Effect of Trust and Habit in Using Digital Technology on Online Shopping Intentions

Yohannes Vemberi(1*), Lucia Ika Fitriastuti(2),

(1) Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi SBI, DIY, Indonesia
(2) Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi SBI, DIY, Indonesia
(*) Corresponding Author


The development of digital technology in the world and Indonesia is growing rapidly. The advancement of digital technology has finally made people have the habit of doing online shopping. It is possible that trust and habits of using digital technology influence online shopping intentions. The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of trust and habits of using digital technology on online shopping intentions either partially or simultaneously. Methods of data collection using a questionnaire. The number of samples is 101. The analysis used is multiple linear regression. The tests used to test the hypothesis are the t-test, F test, R2 test. The main finding of this study is that the Trust Variable affects Online Shopping Intentions. Variables of Digital Technology Usage Habits Affect Online Shopping Intentions. The variables of trust and the habit of using digital technology simultaneously affect online shopping intentions. Adjusted R2 obtained by 0.647 means that Trust and Habits of Using Digital Technology affect online shopping intentions by 64.7%, and the remaining 35.3% is influenced by other variables. This research can be developed further by testing other variables such as digital literacy variables, price variables, convenience variables, and others.

Full Text:



H. Hidayati, S. Aulia, and A. Harianja, “The Influence of Entrepreneurship Literacy and Digital Literacy on Entrepreneurial Interest of the Young Generation in Startup Business”, International Journal of Advanced Technology Management and Entrepreneurship, vol. 3, no. 1, Sep. 2022.

A. D. A. Putri and D. T. K. Wardani, “The Effect of Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises Digitalization and the Number of Labors on Regional Gross Domestic Product”, International Journal of Advanced Technology Management and Entrepreneurship, vol. 4, no. 2, Dec. 2022.

D. Damaiatry, L. W. K. Ganggaputri, and G. Genoveva, “The Effect of Content Marketing and Celebrity Endorsement Towards Purchase Intention Mediated by Customer Trust During Covid-19 Pandemic”, International Journal of Advanced Management and Business Intelligence, vol. 3, no. 3, Dec. 2022.

R. Anwar and W. Adidarma, “Pengaruh Kepercayaan dan Risiko Pada Minat Beli Belanja Online”, Jurnal Manajemen dan Bisnis Sriwijaya, vol.14, no.2, (2016), pp 155-168.

D. P. J. Ariwibowo and M.A. Nugroho, “Pengaruh Trust dan Perceived of Risk Terhadap Niat Untuk Bertransaksi Menggunakan E-commerce”, Nominal: Barometer Riset Akuntansi dan Manajemen, vol.2, no.1, (2013), pp.11-35.

Y. Suhari, “Kepercayaan Terhadap Internet Serta Pengaruhnya Pada Pencarian Informasi Dan Keingingan Membeli Secara Online”, Dinamika Informatika, vol 3, no.1, (2011).

A. Nazzal, A. Thoyib, D. Zain, and A.S. Hussein, “The Influence of Digital Literacy and Demographic Characteristics on Online Shopping Intention: An Empirical Study in Palestine”, The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, vol.8 no.8, (2021), pp. 205-215.

Harnoto, F. (2013). Analisis Pengaruh Kepercayaan dan Kualitas Layanan Terhadap Loyalitas Pelanggan Dengan Kepuasan Konsumen Sebagai Variabel Mediasi (Studi Pada RS Darul Istiqomah Kaliwungu Kendal). Jurnal Ekonomi Manajemen Akuntansi, 1(34).

N. Özgüven, ”Analysis Of The Relationship Between Perceived Security And Customer Trust And Loyalty In Online Shopping”, Chinese Business Review, vol.10, no. 11, (2011).

M. Aavakare, “The Impact Of Digital Literacy And Information Literacy On The Intention To Use Digital Technologies For Learning: A Quantitative Study Utilizing The Unified Theory Of Acceptance And Use Of Technology”, Thesis. (2019) November 11.

I. Ghozali, “Aplikasi Analisis Multivariate Dengan Program IBM SPSS19 Update PLS Regresi”, Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang (2013).

R. Li, J.Kim, and J. Park, “The effects of internet shoppers' trust on their purchasing intention in China”, JISTEM-Journal of Information Systems and Technology Management, Vol.4, (2007), pp. 269-286.

S. J. Yoon, ”The Antecedents And Consequences Of Trust In Online-Purchase Decisions”, Journal Of Interactive Marketing, vol.16, no.2, (2002), pp.47-63.

M. Khalifa and V. Liu,” Online Consumer Retention: Contingent Effects Of Online Shopping Habit And Online Shopping Experience”, European Journal of Information Systems, vol.16, (2007), pp.780-792.

S. Pahnila and J. Warsta, “Online Shopping Viewed From A Habit And Value Perspective”, Behaviour & Information Technology, vol.29 no.6, (2010) pp. 621-632.



  • There are currently no refbacks.

Jumlah Kunjungan:

View My Stats

Published Papers Indexed/Abstracted By: